Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gay support

http://news.yahoo.com/changed-minds-demographics-gay-marriage-shift-235606967.html

before you read what I have to say on the issue please read the link above. I was very excited to hear Hillary Clinton has decided to publically announce her support of gay marriage.  If she keeps this up she will be getting my vote in 2016.  I thought the most interesting part of the article was the number of people who have changed their view on gay marriage because they are close with a gay person. I actually have my own experience with this.  When I first came out to my friends, I was embraced with open arms and love.  Unfortunately when I came out to my parents I recieved the opposite response.  Although my parents still loved me, the did not agree with my life choices.  They esspecially did not agree when they found out I was in a committed relationship. They originally told me they never wanted to meet my partner and he could never come to our house. To my surprise, it is two years later and my parents and partner are on speaking terms. They actually cant wait to meet him!  I think it just takes a little time for people to warm up to the idea and some patience. My parents realized I was happy and am going to stay the way I am. They accepted that and are willing to support me in any way. I know some people are full of ignorance and hate and will never understand. But some just need a little education and time to grow up.

2 comments:

  1. H. Clinton's on a roll lately. I think she's a tough lady. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete