Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spongebob and the Bible

Recently I have started to look into my childhood from an adult point of view. All those movies with the hidden adult jokes I have begun to understand, the play on words like "Mary Jane" in scooby doo. I find it all funny and really enjoy finding those hidden messages.

But it has come to my attention that the writers of one of my favorite shows went a little bit deeper. Spongebob. Yes that annoying yellow sponge that lives in a pineapple under the sea actually has religious backrounds.  Each of the major characters in the show represent one of the seven deadly sins. After being told this I instantly realized it was true and it was quite a laugh. Here is the list of the characters.

Patrick the star is sloth for his laziness. Squidward is wrath for his anger. Sandy the squirrel is pride because well she is prideful. Plankton is envy for his jealousy over Mr Krabs. Gary the snail is gluttony for his excessive eating. Mr Krabs is greed for his love of money. Spongebob is lust for his love of everyone even though they may not love him back.

After finding this, I cant watch any kids shows without trying to look for a deeper meaning. If you have found any hidden adult jokes/interesting references in your childhood shows/movies, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment