Search This Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tattoos

When I was 16, I really wanted to get a Celtic knot tattoo. I asked my parents if I could get it at 17 but they said that I would have to wait to make that decision when I was an adult. Four days after my 18th birthday I got my first tattoo. It was the same tattoo I had wanted for 2 years. My parents knew I would get it and they accepted that, but other family members were very mad at me. People said they were disappointed in me because I had marked my body.

Now I am 19 and there are a few others tattoos I have been wanting for a while. The only reason I have not gotten them is because I just do not feel like spending the money. Even after my family members made such a big deal about me getting tattoos, I still never changed my perception of them. I do not think a tattoo makes you a delinquent or any less of a person. If your religion forbids you to get a tattoo then that is your decision. But I believe that only your soul is carried to the after life. It should not matter what is on your body because you can not take your body with you. After you die you will be buried or burned. Your energy will be put back into the earth and will be used by the plants. My wish is to be cremated and spread throughout Ireland and the ocean. What I am trying to say is that when you die your soul leaves you body regardless of the ink that is left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment