Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hills Like White Elephants

The only reason I liked this story was because it was short. I did not like having to infer everything. From the text I would say the man was significantly older than the woman. People in class thought they were married but I think they were just dating. I say this because most married couples do not want to have an abortion. Since the man really did not want to have the baby, it is a possibility that they aren't even dating, rather they were just a one night stand/friends with benefits and she accidentally got pregnant. This would explain why the man kept bringing up if she will keep it or not. But that is just a possibility.

Since we were discussing how we thought the book would end in class, this is my ending.

The woman decides to have an abortion. After she has the abortion, she gets an infection and becomes very ill. Doctors can not figure out how to help her and she eventually dies. The man tries to continue his life without the woman but the guilt begins to consume him. Not able to deal with the death of the child and the woman, he commits suicide. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment