Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Chrysanthemums

This story really confused me an left me with a lot of questions. First off, the woman says she can make anything grow but all she talks about is the flowers. I assumed if she was so great at gardening then she would plant things that would feed them and be useful. I did not understand why the flowers were so important to her.
Secondly, I got this vibe that when she was talking to the stranger that she was taking sexual interest in him. I think she even considered going on the road with him. I also do not think she actually need a pot fixed. I believe she gave him the pot and flower so he would be forced to come back and see her.

Thirdly, I did not get why she lets her husband put her down so much. She wants to go to the fights so she can do something different and she lets her husband talk her out of it. She obviously wants to go, so she should just say hey lets go. I don't even think she wants to be with her husband, instead she wants a life with more adventure. A life that does not include planting flowers all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment